Where Every Child Matters
Anything that matters to children, matters to us. Everything we do gives each child we serve at Le Bonheur a chance to enjoy a healthier and safer childhood.
Recognized among the nation’s “Best Children’s Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report, Le Bonheur is always on the side of children, advocating on their behalf so we can provide them with the care they need. We are a Magnet-designated facility, the ultimate credential for high-quality patient care.
It’s been that way since we opened in 1952. We’ve mattered to children every day since.
From the ordinary bumps and sniffles of childhood to its most life-altering extremes, Le Bonheur Children’s is prepared for whatever a child’s life might throw at us. We are never surprised by what kids bring with them when they come through our doors.
We’re recognized as a leader in pediatric medicine. Providing the highest level of care is our goal. We do this by quality improvement and researching the diseases that affect children.
All of our specialists work together as one team to provide exceptional care for every child. While there are thousands of hospitals in America, only a few of those care exclusively for children. A children’s hospital brings together many experts focused on one thing – your child’s care.
At Le Bonheur, we practice family-centered care, partner with families and consider them an essential part of the care team.
Kids are not small adults, and they need the equipment and facilities designed around their needs. They also need their families with them, so our hospital has all the services.
- Founded: June 15, 1952
- Located in the heart of the Memphis Medical Center
- Part of the Methodist Healthcare Family
- Teaching hospital for The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Beds: 255
- Pediatric specialties: 40
- Employees: 2,300
- Medical staff members: 750
- Hospital patients per year: 14,000
- Outpatient visits per year: 95,000
- Emergency Department visits per year: 80,000
- Intensive Care patients per year: 2,500
- Surgeries performed per year: 13,000