Research Matters is a quarterly newsletter from the Children's Foundation Research Institute.
CFRI adds members, promotions announced
New support staff have joined the CFRI and two members were recently promoted. They are:
- Derita Bran, RN, CCRC, will coordinate and provide auditing and monitoring efforts for research for Le Bonheur.
- Amy Doville’s research includes clinical research education, central protocol and data monitoring office, bone marrow transplantation and cellular therapy department operations.
- Thomas Hobson is the new CFRI business manager.
- Venessa Spearman has been promoted to the director of Grant Administration and Contract Development.
- Chris Smith is the new director of Finance and Research Lab Operations for the CFRI.
Call for Abstracts: Research Day 2017
Pediatric Research Day will be March 29. The event, which is hosted by the CFRI, Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital and UTHSC Department of Pediatrics, will highlight the work being carried out in the areas of basic, transitional and clinical research, patient care and community education. Online registration and abstract submission for Pediatric Research Day will run until Feb. 3. Register at lebonheur.org/researchday.
Pediatric Research Database copyright issued
The Certification of Registration for the copyright on Pediatric Research Database (PRD) was officially issued by United States Register of Copyrights on March 8, 2016 with the Registration Number “TXu 2-006-857.”