Promoting child development and responsible parenting, Healthy Families serves first-time, teen moms (ages 19 or younger) who are pregnant or have a child. Accredited by Healthy Families America, the program is made possible through grants from the Tennessee Department of Health and the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services.
Goals of the program include:
- offering resources and support for parents
- cultivating nurturing, responsive parent-child relationships
- promoting healthy childhood growth and development
- building the foundations for stronger family functioning
Our trained nurses visit moms regularly to they receive proper prenatal care, know child development and age-appropriate behaviors and attend well-child checkups.
Results of this program include:
- reduced child maltreatment
- improved school readiness
- increased utilization of prenatal care
- decreased rate of pre-term and/or low-birth-weight babies
- decreased dependency on welfare and other governmental support programs
Since 2007, more than 600 families have completed the program.
For more information, please call 901- 287-4700.