Kohl's Car Seats and Cribs for Kids
Kohl’s Car Seats and Cribs for Kids is a program of Safe Kids Mid-South, Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital and the Maternal League of Memphis. It is funded by Kohl’s Department Stores through its Kohl’s Cares for Kids initiative.
Kohl's Car Seats and Cribs for Kids addresses two important issues:
1. Local statistics reveal that nearly 30 percent of children who should be riding in a child safety seat are not; of those who are, there is a greater than 90 percent misuse rate.
2. Local statistics also reveal a high infant mortality rate, often due to unsafe sleeping environments that result in infant suffocation, strangulation and/or death.
The program addresses these issues by providing the following services:
- Child safety seat check-ups and demonstrations (families learn how to properly install and use their child safety seat)
- Baby safety showers (moms-to-be and grandmoms- to-be participate in a baby shower with safety as the theme; attendees receive a child safety seat, crib and mattress or a port-a-crib and safety educational materials)
- Hands-on safe sleeping demonstrations
- Distribution of educational materials on topics including safe sleep, safe transportation and safety in the home
To volunteer to assist with the Kohl’s Car Seats and Cribs for Kids program or to find our more about the program, contact Safe Kids Mid-South at (901) 287-6730.