Video: How to anchor your television and furniture
TV AND FURNITURE TIP-OVER PREVENTION TIPS
- Assess the stability of the TVs in your home.
- Mount flat screen TVs to the wall to reduce the risk of TVs toppling off stands. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure you protect your wall and have a secure fit.
- If you have a heavier, box-style cathode ray tube (CRT) TV place it on a low, stable piece of furniture that is appropriate for the TV's size and weight.
Recycle Old TVs
- If you no longer use your CRT TV, consider recycling it. To find a location to safely and easily recycle unwanted TVs, go to www.GreenerGadgets.org. Here are some step-by-step tips to help.
- Use brackets, braces or wall straps to secure unstable or top-heavy furniture to the wall.
- Install stops on dresser drawers to prevent them from being pulled all the way out. Multiple open drawers can cause the weight to shift, making it easier for a dresser to fall.
Rearrange Household Items
- Keep heavier items on lower shelves or in lower drawers.
- Avoid placing remote controls, food, toys or other items in places where kids might be tempted to climb up or reach for them.
Source: Safe Kids Worldwide
AIDS allergy medicine antibiotic antibiotics atopic dermatitis baby back to school tips Birthmark breastfeeding car safety carbon monoxide carbon-monoxide poisoning child abuse child care child safety conjoined twins cyberbullying dermatology development eczema endocrinology epilepsy facts fetal center fever fire safety flu flu shots flu spray head lice heat safety heat stroke hemangioma HIV holiday holidays how-to infant infant-formula infection injury insect repellent Le Bonheur Children's Hospital Le Bonheur HIV Community Network Le Bonheur Pediatrics measles MMR Mumps National HIV Testing Day neurosurgery nutrition outdoor outdoors parenting tips prevention reporting child abuse safe-sleep safekids safety school seizures skin sleep anxiety sleep apnea sleep center specialists sleep disorders tests Sports sports Spring Break stress stroke symptoms teen driving safety treatment trouble sleeping vaccination vaccines virus