Diabetes Back to School Conference
The Annual Back to School Diabetes Conference
August 3, 2018 ( 7 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.)
Presented by: Le Bonheur Children's Hospital
The Annual Back to School Diabetes Conference provides the opportunity for the Le Bonheur Diabetes Team, school nurses, school personnel, dietitians, and families with children with diabetes to interact in the same environment while increasing the knowledge base for diabetes management in the school setting. This program will equip participants with current and safe diabetes management practices. It will also expand skill sets on the use of new diabetes technology.
- School Navigation: Better understanding of the importance and use of the diabetes medical management plan and the 504 accommodation plan.
- Education: Effective dissemination of best practice information.
- Training: Insulin and glucagon administration, ketone management, carbohydrate counting, and new technology.
- Community: Increasing awareness of available resources in the community and formation of community partnerships.
This continuing education activity should be of interest for school personnel, nurses, dietitians, and families of children with diabetes.
Choice of educational Tracks to best fit your educational needs. Chosen at registration.
- Scope/ Impact of Diabetes in Peds
- Effective Use of the School Care Plan
- School Lunch Hour: RD scoop
- Helping the Student Succeed
- Skills Refresher
- Diabetes Technologies
- Improving Family Health Literacy
- It Takes a Village: Panel Discussion
- Exercise as medicine
• Strategies to Reduce Obesity
- Featured Sessions - Keynote sessions for addressing realistic and specific situations related to diabetes management in the school setting.
- Education Sessions - Informative information on trends in diabetes and support resources available.
- Breakout Sessions - Skill building and application of principles in diabetes management.
- Hands on involvement by the attendees.
University of Tennessee Health Science Student Alumni Center
800 Madison Avenue
Memphis, Tennessee 38163
For More Information
Diabetes School Conference Planning Committee