Orthopedic and Spinal Trauma
Le Bonheur is the only American College of Surgeons Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center the region. This accreditation is a national designation that requires both high quality clinical care and research in the field of trauma with continued innovation. Le Bonheur is also designated as a children’s trauma center on the state level in Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi.
Each year, we care for 13,000 children experiencing trauma, including spinal trauma and other orthopedic traumas like broken bones. Our trauma team includes specialties like orthopedics, general surgery, neurosurgery, anesthesia, critical care and emergency services.
As part of the trauma certification, Le Bonheur provides:
- In-house anesthesia coverage, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- An operating room team on standby for trauma patients, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- A trauma response team of 15 specialists, including pediatric surgeons and pediatric emergency medicine physicians, that helps revive and stabilize the most severely injured trauma patients
- CT and MRI tech availability
- Specialized transportation by Pedi-Flite ambulance or Hospital Wing helicopter
- A coordinated care team dedicated to helping expedite patient recovery through rehabilitation services