Pediatric otolaryngologists at Le Bonheur provide medical and surgical treatment for children with disease of the ear, nose and throat. We treat more than 6,000 children and perform more than 2,000 surgeries each year.
- Correcting airway problems
- Adenoid removal
- Cleft lip/cleft palate
- Cochlear implants, including bilateral
- Ear anomalies, including deafness
- Neck masses
- Papilloma virus laser removal
A team of experts
The team includes four board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric otolaryngologists, who work with Le Bonheur’s audiologists and speech-language pathologists. Our physicians are also finding new ways to treat their patients. They have published in more than 300 publications and made more than 500 clinical presentations.
Our otolaryngologists often work with a team of pediatric specialists. For example, airway problems are treated by a team of pediatric otolaryngologists, pulmonologists, gastroenterologists and general surgeons. Cleft lips or palates are repaired by pediatric plastic surgeons and otolaryngologists.
- Physicians use CO2 fiber optic lasers to remove human papilloma virus (HPV) in the airway, allowing for maximum removal.
- Cochlear implantation and programming helps children reach their full hearing potential.
- Our experts use facial nerve monitoring during surgery to reduce the risk of damaging facial nerves.