Le Bonheur’s pharmacy team is specially trained to care for children. The team includes:
- 30 pharmacists
- more than 20 certified pharmacy technicians
- 10 pharmacy student interns
- post-graduate year one (PGY1) and post-graduate year two (PGY2) residents
- an antimicrobial steward, who evaluates antibiotic use to prevent resistance
- a medication safety officer
- board-certified pharmacotherapy specialists, who provide drug therapies in consultation with the health care team
- certified diabetes educators
- board-certified nutrition support pharmacists
Each floor of the hospital is staffed by designated pharmacists. Pharmacists specially trained in pediatric critical care medicine staff the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) and the Emergency Department (ED).
The inpatient pharmacy operates 24 hours a day.
Ground Floor, Outpatient Center
51 N. Dunlap St.
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
What makes our pharmacy special?
- Four satellite pharmacies located in critical care areas (PICU, NICU, CVICU, ED) throughout the hospital allow pharmacists to provide direct patient care, participate in patient rounds and connect with the patient and his or her family.
- Carousel system technology prevents medication distribution errors.
- Automated dispensing cabinets allow for quicker access to medications.