Amali Samarasinghe, PhD
Instructor, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Education: Master of Science, Neuroimmunology, California State University Northridge; PhD, Molecular Pathogenesis, North Dakota State University; postdoctoral training at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
Areas of Interest: Allergic asthma, respiratory infections
Grant Funding: Le Bonheur Junior Faculty Grant
- Ghosh S, Samarasinghe AE, Hoselton SA, Dorsam GP, and Schuh JM. Hyaluronan deposition and co-localization with inflammatory cells and collagen in a murine model of fungal allergic asthma. Inflammation Research, 2014 [In Press]
- Samarasinghe AE, Woolard SN, Boyd KL, Hoselton SA, Schuh JM, and McCullers JA. The immune profile associated with acute allergic asthma accelerates clearance of influenza virus. Immunology and Cell Biology, 2014; 1-11Alymova IV.
- Samarasinghe A, Vogel P, Green AM, Weinlich R, and McCullers JA. A novel cytotoxic sequence contributes to influenza A viral protein PB1-F2 pathogenicity and predisposition to secondary bacterial infection. Journal of Virology, 2014; 88(1): 503-15.
- Samarasinghe AE, Hoselton SA, and Schuh JM. A comparison between intratracheal and inhalation delivery of Aspergillus fumigatus conidia in the development of fungal allergic airways disease in C57BLl6 mice. Fungal Biology, 2011; 115(1) 21-29.
- Samarasinghe AE, Hoselton SA, and Schuh JM. VPAC2 receptor deficiency leads to aberrant antibody production in a murine model of fungal allergic asthma. Peptides, 2011; 32(1): 131-137.
- Samarasinghe AE, Hoselton SA, and Schuh JM. Spatio-temporal localization of vasoactive intestinal peptide and neutral endopeptidase in allergic murine lungs. Regulatory Peptides, 2010; 164: 151-157.
- Hoselton SA, Samarasinghe AE, Seydel JM, and Schuh JM. An inhalation model of airway allergic response to inhalation of environmental Aspergillus fumigatus conidia in sensitized BALB/c mice. Medical Mycology, 2010; 48(8): 1056-65.
- Samarasinghe AE, Hoselton SA, and Schuh JM. The absence of the VPAC2 receptor does not protect mice from Aspergillus induced allergic asthma. Peptides, 2010; 31(6): 1068-1075.
- Dorsam GP, Hoselton SA, Sandy AR, Samarasinghe AE, Dorsam ST, Vomhof-Dekrey EE, Schuh JM. Gene expression profiling and network analysis of peripheral blood monocytes in a chronic model of allergic asthma. Microbiology and Immunology, 2010; 54: 558-563.
- Hoselton SA, Samarasinghe AE, Seydel JL, Serie KM, Schuh JM. Creation and characterization of an IgG1-type monoclonal antibody against intact Aspergillus fumigatus conidia. Hybridoma, 2007; 26(4): 251-254.