Urology research earns attention, honors
Le Bonheur’s Pediatric Urology team celebrated several research and professional achievements in 2016. They include:
- Published multiple manuscripts on topics such as pediatric urolithiasis, vesicoureteral reflux and hemorrhagic cystitis.
- Participated in several multi-center research consortia to advance research in the field of pediatric urology.
- Moderated sessions at The Society for Fetal Urology/The Society for Pediatric Urology meeting in San Diego in May 2016.
- Presented on eight different topics including “Factors Associated with Recurrent Pediatric Urolithiasis: A Multi-Institutional Analysis” and “Disparities in Access to Newborn Circumcision” in San Diego, Dallas and Nashville, Tenn.
- Urologists Joe Gleason, MD, Dana Giel, MD, and Gerald Jerkins, MD, helped successfully separate ischiopagus conjoined twins Miracle and Testimony Ayeni of Nigeria on Nov. 7. Born Nov. 16, 2015, the girls shared a pelvis, two bladders, and intestinal tract.