The Shelby County Child Care Referral & Resource Center (CCR&R) provides training and technical assistance to child care providers and helps parents find the best child care fit for their unique situations and needs. The Shelby County CCR&R is made possible through grants from the Tennessee Department of Human Services.
The goals of the CCR&R are to:
- assist child care centers in providing quality child care
- educate parents and the general public on quality child care
- assist parents in locating quality child care
- encourage and assist child care providers in continuing their education
Professional development services are also available through the CCR&R to support and help train child care teachers, directors and owners. The center also offers a lending library of supplies for child care providers that includes:
- teacher resource manuals
- prop boxes
- adaptive toys and equipment
- training videos
For more information, call 901-287-4900.