The Shelby County Child Care Referral & Resource Center (CCR&R) serves both parents and childcare providers. For parents, we provide free child care resources and referrals to parents. For child child care providers and agencies in Shelby County, we provide training and assistance. The Shelby County CCR&R is made possible through grants from the Tennessee Department of Human Services.
The goals of the CCR&R are to:
- assist child care centers in providing quality child care
- educate parents and the general public on quality child care
- assist parents in locating quality child care
- encourage and assist child care providers in continuing their education
Professional development services are also available through the CCR&R to support and help train child care teachers, directors and owners. The center also offers a lending library of supplies for child care providers that includes:
- teacher resource manuals
- prop boxes
- adaptive toys and equipment
- training videos
For more information, call 901-287-4900.