Implemented in 2010, Delta Rural Health Initiative delivers preventative and clinical health services for uninsured and underinsured children and families with or at risk of developing chronic diseases in rural West Tennessee. The project is funded by a $1.5 million grant from the Health Resources and Services Administration.
Services are provided through the Delta Initiative include:
- Chronic disease management
- School-based preventative programs
- Community education and outreach
The primary focus is to:
- establish a regional obesity prevention campaign that focuses on health education
- collaborate with multiple health care and social service organizations to provide fitness, nutrition and lifestyle/behavioral modification programs
- offer health screens, clinical case management and other health services related to obesity and chronic disease management and prevention
The program provides services to 20 counties in rural West Tennessee, including:
For more information, please call 731-984-9963.