WHAT WE DO
- Raise Community Awareness
- Provide education Programs
- Participate in school and community events
- Initiate public policy changes
- Monitor product safety
Every year, nearly 10,000 children come to our Emergency Department with an injury that could have been prevented.
Safe Kids Mid-South is our answer to the overwhelming numbers of accidental childhood injuries and deaths. By teaching safety, improving laws and helping to make homes, schools, community centers and streets more child friendly, we are working to make those numbers smaller and smaller.
Safe Kids includes a number of different “Action Teams” that address various injury risk areas and determine prevention strategies. These include:
Car and Road Safety
- Bicycle Safety Rodeos
- Helmet Fitting Stations
- Radhika Takes a Ride Bicycle Safety Curriculum (4th grade education)
- Child Safety Seat Check Ups (Spanish)
- CountDown2Drive (Pre-teen Education)
- Cross Guard Appreciation
- Environmental Changes (Great Streets)
- School Zone Committees
Sports and Play Safety
Safe Kids Mid-South is part of Safe Kids Worldwide, global campaign dedicated to the prevention of unintentional injuries to children. An overall decrease in accidental injury has been documented since the local coalition's inception in 1992.
For more information, please call 901-287-6730.