Le Bonheur nurses provide health-related services and education to students and staff in every Tipton County school and in some charter and independent schools in Shelby County. Le Bonheur, Memphis-Shelby County Schools and Urban Child Institute piloted a successful five year program to demonstrate the effectiveness of having a nurse in every school.
- Caring for sick and injured students
- Providing physician-ordered medical treatments, procedures and medications
- Performing state-mandated screenings
- Attending Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings for students with medical diagnoses and concerns
- Auditing immunization records
- Providing health education and promotion to staff and students
- Providing training and delegation per state mandates to school staff
Le Bonheur also provides health services with an advanced practice nurse to assess students for illness and provide annual well-child checkups and sports physicals. This service requires additional consent from the parent or guardian.
For more information, please call 901-287-4700.