Our Sleep Center’s multidisciplinary team includes pediatric neurologists and pulmonologists all dedicated to helping families dealing with the effects of sleep problems on children’s cognition, behavior and quality of life. Our three pediatric Sleep Center physicians are board certified by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
Conditions we treat
We diagnose, monitor and treat all types sleep issues including:
- Nightmares/night terrors
- Neurocognitive deficits induced by sleep apnea, which may resemble ADHD-type symptoms
- Abnormal movements during sleep, like restless leg syndrome
- Different types of insomnia, such as limit-setting problems or bed time resistance
- The only sleep center in the region dedicated to treating children from infancy to 18 years of age.
- The only pediatric center in the region accredited by the American Association of Sleep Medicine.
- Six-bed Sleep Center for monitoring
- Each monitoring room has a separate but attached room for the patient’s family member
Our team works with otolaryngologists (ENT) to provide:
- Therapeutic surgical intervention needed for sleep apnea such as tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy
- Breathing supporting include Continuous positive airway pressure(CPAP)/Bilevel positive airway pressure (BiPAP) therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
The Le Bonheur Sleep Center is part of a multicenter study testing the use of a new drug for patients with narcolepsy/cataplexy. Our team also partners with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital Sleep Research Group. For more information about research, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is a typical first appointment like?
A visit to the Sleep Center includes a full evaluation of sleep habits, irregularities and discussion of all complaints. The center maintains a homelike environment to better monitor sleep on an inpatient or outpatient basis. Your child can bring books, stuffed animals, blankets or other familiar objects that are part of his or her usual bedtime routine. We will develop a specific treatment plan for each child.
After scheduling the first appointment, you will receive a sleep questionnaire in the mail to complete before the appointment. At the first appointment, we will provide your family with education materials about your child’s particular condition.
For more information
For more information, contact the Neuroscience Institute at email@example.com or Le Bonheur Connect at 901-287-PEDS or 1-866-870-5570.