COVID-19 Resources for Physicians
We know that you are getting questions from patients and families about COVID-19. We will post important and timely information and resources for healthcare providers on this page and will send out regular update emails. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our email list.
Questions? To contact us regarding COVID-19 or with any other questions regarding admission, referrals or other inquiries, email email@example.com.
COVID-19 Document Repository
Password is COVID19 (case sensitive)
- COVID-19 Inpatient Testing Algorithm
- Protocol for Inpatient Diagnosis and Management of COVID‐19
- Discontinuation of Isolation Precautions and Discharge Related to COVID-19
- Checklist for Physician or Outpatient Clinic: Patient under Investigation for COVID-19 (Suspect or Confirmed)
- LIP Instructions for COVID-19 Suspect
- Hospital Checklist for Patient under Investigation for COVID-19 (Suspected or Confirmed)
- COVID-19 Pre-Op Clearance Testing
- Interim Life Support Guidance
- Remdesivir Distribution Guidance
- Remdesivir Criteria
- Personal Protective Equipment Policy
- Powered Air-purifying Respirator Guidelines
- N-95 Mask Reuse and Reprocessing Policy
- Time-Critical Elective Surgeries
- Guidance for Return to Work Criteria for Health Care Providers
- CDC COVID-19 Recommendations for Patients and Visitors
- Contact Information for Family/Friends of Coronavirus COVID-19
- UTHSC Coronavirus Symposium
- Unemployment Insurance and CARES Act due to COVID-19
Proper Donning, Doffing and Storage of N-95 Masks
Viral Contact Precautions: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Admissions, transfers or clinical support: (901) 287-4408 or 1-888-899-9355
Outpatient clinic and diagnostic appointments: (901) 287-7337 or 1-866-870-5570
Clinics open, telehealth options available
Le Bonheur clinics are open for in-person, telehealth or telephone visits. Clinics will call patients with any changes to existing appointments. For questions, please call 901-287-7337.
Gosain receives National Institutes of Health Research Project Grant
Congratulations to Pediatric Surgeon Ankush Gosain, MD, who was awarded a National Institutes of Health (NIH) Research Project Grant (R01) for his research “Dysbiosis in Hirschprung Associated Enterocolitis Pathogenesis.”
Finkel joins Le Bonheur as rheumatologist, vice chair of clinical affairs
Terri H. Finkel, MD, PhD, recently joined Le Bonheur as a rheumatologist. She is professor and associate chair of pediatrics at University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) and vice chair of clinical affairs at Le Bonheur. Finkel will lead clinical, administrative, research and educational efforts at UTHSC and Le Bonheur and will work to expand and manage UTHSC and Le Bonheur’s partnerships with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. She received her doctorate degree from Stanford University, completed pediatrics residencies at Boston’s Children’s Hospital and the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, followed by research and clinical fellowships in basic immunology and pediatric rheumatology at the National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine.
Le Bonheur welcomes new neonatologists
Vineet Lamba, MD, FAAP, has joined Le Bonheur’s neonatology division. He completed his residency in pediatrics at Nassau University Medical Center under State University of New York and his fellowship in neonatal perinatal medicine at University of South Florida Health Morsani College of Medicine.
Kent Willis, MD, FAAP, joined Le Bonheur as a neonatologist. He completed his residency in pediatricsat Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital and his fellowship in neonatal perinatal medicine at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
Thik & Clear unavailable, dysphagia resources online
Thik & Clear commercial thickener, often used to manage dysphagia, is currently unavailable. If you have patients who use this product, they will require an alternative thickening product. Le Bonheur prefers the use of infant cereals as the main thickening agents for children less than 12 months of age who are diagnosed with dysphagia. For older children, a variety of other thickening products are available.
Resources for making thickening recommendations to your patients can be found at lebonheur.org/for-providers/clinical-care-resources.