Give Life Beyond Your Lifetime
Give Life Beyond Your Lifetime
A planned gift to Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital offers donors the opportunity to impact the health of children for many years to come. Planned gifts offer flexibility in creating a tax-wise gift that best meets your personal and financial goals. You don’t have to be of a certain age or extremely wealthy to make a difference in the lives of children.
Le Bonheur can help you find the planned gift that best matches your financial goals and personal interests. For information on the various planned giving options, please contact Cathy Wilson at (901) 287-5575 or email@example.com.
There are many ways to make a planned gift, which include:
- Bequests - Donors may name Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital Foundation as the beneficiary of an asset by will or trust. You can leave a gift of a specific dollar amount, specific asset(s) or a percentage of your estate.
- Beneficiary Designation Gifts - By simply naming Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital Foundation as a primary or contingent beneficiary of a retirement, investment or traditional bank account or of a life insurance policy, donors can often reduce their taxable estate without having to update their will or trust.
- Charitable IRA Rollovers - If you are 70½ years old or older, you can take advantage of a simple way to benefit Le Bonheur Children's Hospital and receive tax benefits in return. You can give up to $100,000 from your IRA each year directly to qualified charities like Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital without having to pay income taxes on the money.
- Charitable Gift Annuities - One gift that allows you to support Le Bonheur Children's Hospital Foundation’s work while receiving fixed payments for life is a charitable gift annuity. Not only does this gift provide you with regular payments and allow us to further our work, but you can receive a variety of tax benefits, including a federal income tax charitable deduction when you itemize.
- Gifts of Assets – Want to make a gift to Le Bonheur Children's Hospital Foundation without touching your bank account? Consider giving us real estate, stocks or vehicles.
- Real Estate – When you give us appreciated property you have held longer than one year, you may qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction, avoid paying capital gains tax and no longer have to deal with that property's maintenance costs, property taxes or insurance.
- Stock – You can donate appreciated stock directly to Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital Foundation which may allow you to take a deduction for the market value of the stock on the date of the gift and avoid any capital gains tax on the increased stock price. If it is a stock you love, you can always repurchase the stock (and as a result increase your cost basis).
- Cars – We can accept vehicle donations through V-dac. Visit the V-Dac website (http://www.v-dac.com/org/?id=62-0479367) or call 1-877-999-8322 for more information about how you can support Le Bonheur Children's Hospital Foundation through a vehicle donation.
We would love to work with you and your professional advisor to find a gift that is best for your particular needs.
Director of Planned Giving
Le Bonheur Children's Hospital
P.O. Box 41817, Memphis, TN 38174
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor.