If your child is having any emergency warning signs such as trouble breathing, persistent chest pain or pressure, new confusion, inability to wake or stay awake or bluish lips or face, please seek emergency care immediately. Call 911 or call the emergency department and notify the operator that you are seeking care for someone who may have COVID-19. For the Le Bonheur ED, call 1-866-870-5570.
If you suspect your child may have COVID-19 and is showing symptoms such as cough or fever, do not go to your child’s pediatrician for testing unless instructed by the pediatrician to do so.
Below are Memphis locations for public COVID-19 testing who will test children. Le Bonheur is not a public testing site.
Children who are scheduled for procedures at Le Bonheur will be required to have their test at Le Bonheur Children’s unless otherwise approved by the surgeon.
Christ Community Health Services
Individuals can text “test2020” to 91999 to register. While registering please state that it is a child who will need testing.
- Christ Community Health Services - Lamar Emissions Station
- 1720 RKS Commercial Cove
- Monday - Friday: 8:30 - 11:30 a.m.; 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Memphis Health Center – Walker
Call (901) 261-2042
- 1 year and older
- 767 Walker Ave., 38126
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 2:00 – 5 p.m.
Poplar Healthcare - Hacks Cross Road
Register online at https://poplarhealthcare.regfox.com/phc-drive-thru-testing
- 3495 Hacks Cross Rd., 38017
- Monday - Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Shelby County Health Department
- 167 Washington St., 38017
- Tuesda and Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. *By Appointment only
- Call 901-222-9900 to make an appointment
- 5 years and older
- 8225 US-51, 38053
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. * By Appointment only
- Call 901-222-9949 to make an appointment
- 5 years and older
Wellness & Stress Clinic
- 3885 Tchulahoma Rd., 38118
- Mondays: 5-7 p.m.
- Call 901-306-5433 by appointment only
Additional Testing Locations
Visit the health department websites below to find additional public testing locations in your area. Please call ahead before visiting for testing.