Our researchers are on the cutting-edge of investigating the causes and potential therapies for kidney diseases with a particular focus in research involving tuberous sclerosis complex. Through their work, researchers are better able to understand how these diseases have a unique effect on the pediatric population.
- Basic and clinical research to understand the fundamental underpinnings of tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC) renal disease
- Treatments to preserve renal function for vulnerable TSC population
- Neonatal nephrology
- Pathophysiology of sickle cell nephropathy
- How APOL1 risk alleles influence the development of this disease in patients with sickle cell anemia
- Application of engineering principles to nephrology with ongoing research in sensors
- Onco-nephrology and hypertension
- IgA nephropathy and Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP)
If you are interested in participating in a nephrology clinical trial, please view our list of current and active trials.
- "Progress in Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Renal Disease" Critical Reviews in Oncogenesis
- "Indocyanine Green-Guided Nephron-Sparing Surgery for Pediatric Renal Tumors" Journal of Pediatric Surgery
- "Maternal Hypertension Disorders and Neonatal Acute Kidney Injury: Results from the AWAKEN Study" American Journal of Perinatology
- "IgA Vasculitis with Nephritis: Update of Pathogenesis with Clinical Implications" Pediatric Nephrology
- "Patients with Sickle Cell Disease Who Develop End-Stage Kidney Disease Continue to Experience Poor Survival - A 19-Year United States Renal Data System Study" British Journal of Haematology
Pediatric Onco-Nephrology: Time to Spread the Word
The need for pediatric nephrologists to develop a special expertise in the onco-nephrology field is ...
Le Bonheur nephrologist investigates cellular dynamics that lead to polycystic kidney disease...