Based in Memphis, Tennessee, Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare is a comprehensive, not-for-profit healthcare system committed to enhancing the health and well-being of communities across the Mid-South. Established as a single hospital in 1918 by The United Methodist Church, MLH has expanded over the last century to include six separate hospitals, as well as a line of ambulatory surgery centers, outpatient clinics, hospice residences, and physician practices. The network provides a wide range of services including transplants, advanced heart procedures, expert neurology resources, and more. Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare is supported by over 13,000 Associates who are dedicated to providing high-quality, innovative, and compassionate care to all patients and their families.
Le Bonheur Children's is a Member of the Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare Network
Since 1995, Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital has represented Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare as the Mid-South’s only comprehensive pediatric facility. Through the Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare network, Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital operates the only ACS designated Level 1 pediatric trauma center, and Level IV NICU in the region. Additionally, UT Le Bonheur Pediatric Specialists was formed out of a partnership between Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital and the University of Tennessee Health Science Center and is the region’s singular multispecialty pediatric practice.
Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare’s Award-Winning Team
Widely regarded for providing gold-standard patient care and services, Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare and its associated facilities have received several awards and accolades within the last decade:
- Methodist Memphis Hospitals (Methodist University Hospital, Methodist North Hospital, Methodist South Hospital, and Methodist Le Bonheur Germantown Hospital) were named the Best Hospital in Memphis and second in Tennessee by the US. News and World Report for 2023-2024.
- Le Bonheur Children's Hospital has been recognized several times as one of the "Best Children's Hospitals" in the country by the US. News and World Report.
- The American Nurses Credentialing Center awarded the Magnet designation to Le Bonheur Children's Hospital in 2021.
- Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare was recognized by Fortune as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019, and one of the Best Workplaces in Healthcare in 2021.
- The Leapfrog Group awarded all five of the MLH adult facilities "A" ratings for patient safety in 2021.
- In 2017, Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare was recognized as a Great Place to Work and debuted in Great Place to Work’s Top 100 Workplaces list.