We are committed to finding the best treatments for the smallest of babies. Whether in the lab, in the community or in clinical trials, our neonatology researchers look for the best ways to care for kids.
Our Neonatology Research
- Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Microbiome in gut and lung of premature infant and association with different morbidities
- Cerebral circulation in the premature brain
- Nutrition in the premature infant
- Morbidities from blood transfusions
- Quality improvement initiatives to improve outcomes in the premature infant including delay cord and increased expressed breast milk utilization
If you are interested in participating in a neonatology clinical trial, please view our list of current and active trials.
- "A Newborn Infant with Congenital Central Hypoventilation Syndrome and Pupillary Abnormalities: A Literature Review" AJP Reports
- "Improving Red Reflex Screening in a Level III NICU through a Quality Improvement-Based Approach" Hospital Pediatrics
- "Quality Initiative to Reduce Extrauterine Growth Restriction in Very Low Birth Weight Infants" Hospital Pediatrics
- "Rare Presentation of Limb-Body Wall Complex in a Neonate: Case Report and Review of Literature" AJP Reports
- "Assessing Neonatal Opioid Withdrawal Syndrome Severity as a Function of Maternal Buprenorphine Dose and Umbilical Cord Tissue Concentrations" Annals of Pharmacotherapy
- "A Novel Variant in the Dystonin Gene Causing Hereditary Sensory Autonomic Neuropathy Type VI in a Male Infant: Case Report and Literature Review" American Journal of Medical Genetics, Part A
Intravenous indomethacin is more effective than intravenous acetaminophen in treating hemodynamicall...
Sham feeding in post-operative neonates may enhance oral development, decrease maternal stress level...