We see children in our specialty clinics day in and day out living with cystic fibrosis as well as high-risk asthma, primary ciliary dyskinesia and chronic ventilation. Our researchers work to find the best therapies and cures for children with these conditions.
- Host-pathogen interactions in special populations with underlying chronic lung disease
- Immuno- and patho-biology of allergic hosts during respiratory infections (influenza virus and pneumococci), the role of antimicrobial peptides at the air-lung interphase and eosinophil development and function in health and disease
- Duchenne muscular dystrophy, cystic fibrosis (CF) and asthma
- Basic and translational CF studies:
- Characterization of an inhibitory protein complex for CF therapy
- Characterization of novel CF mutations
- Roles of CF transmembrane conductance regulator-containing protein complexes in fluid secretion and inflammatory responses in gastrointestinal systems
- Proximity to local CF care center as a predictor of overall access to health care and positive health outcomes
- Sleep disturbances and obesity
- Screening tools and management for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and management for obstructive sleep apnea
- Primary ciliary dyskinesia, CF quality improvement and aerodigestive diseases
If you are interested in participating in a pulmonology clinical trial, please view our list of current and active trials.
- “Dysphagia and Chronic Pulmonary Aspiration in Children” Pediatrics in Review