Ranked nationally by U.S. News & World Report as a top program, Le Bonheur’s pulmonology team cares for children with a wide range of respiratory conditions working in conjunction with the Allergy/Immunology and Sleep divisions.
Why choose Le Bonheur pulmonology?
- We are home to Tennessee’s only infant pulmonary function laboratory, which can measure lung volumes and spirometry in infants with lung disorders.
- Our sleep disorders center is the only exclusively pediatric and adolescent lab in Tennessee accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- We know asthma. In fact, we admit nearly 1,200 kids each year with the disease – and have one of the lowest asthma readmission rates in the country compared to other freestanding children’s hospitals.
- We’re a leader in the treatment of primary ciliary dyskinesia (PCD) a rare genetic lung disorder. Le Bonheur and the University of Tennessee Health Science Center is one of the PCD Foundation’s 22 sites advancing the care of children and adults with PCD.
- Children with pulmonary conditions need specialized testing. At Le Bonheur, patients have access to cutting-edge diagnostics including an infant pulmonary function lab, two pediatric pulmonary function labs and flexible bronchoscopies.
- Partnering with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, we have services in the area of sickle-cell-related respiratory disease.
- Our specialty clinics include the Cystic Fibrosis Center as well as high risk asthma, primary ciliary dyskinesia, bronchopulmonary dysplasia, chronic ventilation and aerodigestive clinics.
Our patients receive care from a team of experts who specialize in treating pediatric pulmonary diseases. That team includes:
Why Choose Le Bonheur?
At Le Bonheur Children’s, we measure and track our treatment to improve the care we offer families – and to provide a greater level of transparency about our program.Learn More