Ranked nationally by U.S. News & World Report as a top program, Le Bonheur’s pulmonology team cares for children with a wide range of respiratory conditions.
Why choose Le Bonheur?
- Our patients with cystic fibrosis have some of the best nutritional outcomes in the country – a factor that helps them live longer.
- We are home to Tennessee’s only infant pulmonary function laboratory, which can measure lung volumes and spirometry in infants with lung disorders.
- Our sleep disorders center is the only exclusively pediatric and adolescent lab in Tennessee accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- We know asthma. In fact, we admit nearly 1,200 kids each year with the disease – and have one the lowest asthma readmission rates in the country compared to other freestanding children’s hospitals. Learn more about how our CHAMP (Changing High-Risk Asthma in Memphis through Partnership) is removing barriers for asthma patients and reducing health care costs.
- We’re a leader in the treatment of primary ciliary dyskinesia (PCD), a rare genetic lung disorder. Le Bonheur and the University of Tennessee Health Science Center is one the PCD Foundation’s 22 sites advancing the care of children and adults with PCD.
Our patients receive care from a team of experts who specialize in treating pediatric pulmonary diseases. That team includes:
- Board-certified physicians
- Certified nurse practitioners
- Registered respiratory therapists
- Social workers
- Physical therapists
- Research nurses
Le Bonheur Children's Hospital and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital collaborate with children's hospitals across the Mississippi Valley for education. They have developed the Mississippi River Valley Pediatric Pulmonology Case Conference for online collaboration. Learn more about the Mississippi River Valley Pediatric Pulmonology Case Conference.
Why Choose Le Bonheur?
At Le Bonheur Children’s, we measure and track our treatment to improve the care we offer families – and to provide a greater level of transparency about our program.Learn More