Established in 1958, the allergy/immunology fellowship program strives to provide a well-rounded educational experience to pursue a career in allergy and clinical immunology.
This program offers:
- Supervised in-depth training in clinical allergy, asthma and immunologic diseases
- Cross-training in adult medicine at least 25% of the fellowship
- Structured research projects under direct supervision by faculty members
Graduates enjoy successful careers in private practice, academic institutions and at the Food and Drug Administration.
- Asthma outcomes with special interest in inner-city asthma and asthma in the underserved
- Changing High-Risk Asthma in Memphis through Partnership (CHAMP) community outreach
- Food allergy focusing and clinical trials in IgE-mediated food allergies and eosinophilic esophagitis
- Allergen immunotherapy and clinical outcomes
- Anaphylaxis and epinephrine utilization
Program Staff: Allergy/Immunology
Associate Program Director