The pediatric hematology-oncology fellowship program is located primarily at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The program provides fellows with a thorough understanding of the pathophysiology of pediatric malignancies and hematologic disorders, competence in the clinical diagnosis and management of these disorders, an understanding of clinical trials methodology and in-depth experience in a selected research area. Fellows obtain exceptional experience by working in a clinical environment that sees nearly 600 new oncology patients with leukemia/lymphoma, solid tumors and brain tumors, in addition to training in cancer predisposition, survivorship and quality of life and palliative care.
Fellows are part of a multidisciplinary team that cares for patients with nonmalignant hematologic conditions such as sickle cell disease, thalassemia, other hemoglobinopathies, congenital and acquired hemolytic anemia, coagulation disorders and bone marrow failure syndromes. Working alongside faculty members, hematology-oncology fellows perform consultations for patients in the PICU, CVICU, NICU and general pediatric inpatient and outpatient services at Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital.
Fellows will embark on an individualized clinical or basic/translational research project with outstanding mentorship to accommodate their future career and professional interests. This three-year, ACGME-accredited fellowship trains top-caliber future leaders in academic pediatric hematology-oncology.
For more information visit: www.stjude.org/hemonc-fellowship.
- Ruth Wang’Ondu – 2020 ASH Minority Hematology Fellow Award
- Senthil V. Bhoopalan – 2021 ASH Research Training Award
- Richa Sharma – 2021 ASH Research Training Award
- Marta Salek – 2021 ASCO Conquer Cancer Young Investigator Award
- Michael McNeil – 2021 ASCO Conquer Cancer Young Investigator Award
- Tarun Aurora – 2021 ASH Abstract Achievement Award
- George Christakopoulos – 2021 ASH Abstract Achievement Award
- Caitlyn Duffy – 2022 ASCO Global Oncology Young Investigator Award
- Cancer Control & Survivorship Program
- Developmental Biology & Solid Tumor Program
- Experimental Hematology Program
- Hematological Malignancies Program
- Neurobiology & Brain Tumor Program
Program Staff: Hematology-Oncology
Hiroto Inaba, MD, PhD
Member, St. Jude Faculty
Associate Program Director
Nidhi Bhatt, MD
Assistant Member, St. Jude Faculty
Toni Pearson, MBA, C-TAGME