FedExFamilyHouse is a home away from home for out-of-town families who come to Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital for treatment.
Opened in 2010, it is the first facility in Memphis to provide housing for families of patients receiving extended care at our hospital.
FedExFamilyHouse is located in Legends Park at the corner of Poplar Avenue and Ayers Street – across the street from the hospital.
Features of the house include:
- private suites with a bedroom, sunroom and bathroom
- shared living and family rooms
- teen lounge
- indoor and outdoor children’s play areas
- four separate cooking areas with individual refrigerator and pantry storage for each family
- outdoor spaces containing screened and covered porches, a children’s play area and an outdoor barbecue grilling station
- indoor and outdoor dining areas