Professionally trained and Licensed Master Social Workers help patients and families with a variety of issues that may arise as a result of a child’s illness. Social workers are assigned to each area of the hospital and are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They are confidential and free of charge for all patients and their families.
You will be assigned a social worker who will meet privately with your family. We encourage communication between the patient, family and the child’s care team. With proper approval, the social worker may also contact other community agencies to assist you.
Social Work Services
- Adjustment to illness, hospitalization or treatment
- Planning for hospital discharge and arrangements for post-hospital needs
- Information and referrals to hospital and community resources
- Counseling for personal or financial problems related to the medical situation
- Referrals for transportation, food, utilities, etc.
- Mental health services
- Support groups
To receive assistance:
- Ask a member of your child’s care team
- Stop by the Social Work department, located on the 2nd Floor of the Research Center
- Call 901-287-4990