Le Bonheur has five critical care units - Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit, Intermediate Care Unit, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit - that provide a rich opportunity for a wide variety of research into conditions that effect children who need critical treatments and constant monitoring.
- Severe sepsis and multiple organ dysfunction syndrome (MODS)
- Artificial intelligence applications in critical illness recognition
- Neurocritical care, including traumatic brain injury treatment, outcomes and associated neuroendocrinopathies
- Acute lung injury and acute respiratory distress syndrome
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Global health
- Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH)
- Long-term outcomes following PICU hospitalization and extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), including neuropsychological outcomes
If you are interested in participating in an allergy/immunology clinical trial, please view our list of current and active trials.
- "Case Report: Management Approach and Use of Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation for Diffuse Alveolar Hemorrhage After Pediatric Hematopoietic Cell Transplant" Frontiers in Pediatrics
- "Veno-Venous Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation for Children With Cancer or Hematopoietic Cell Transplant: A Ten Center Cohort" American Society for Artificial Internal Organs
- “Respiratory Barrier as a Safeguard and Regulator of Defense Against Influenza A Virus and Streptococcus pneumoniae” Frontiers in Immunology