Le Bonheur has five critical care units - Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit, Intermediate Care Unit, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit - that provide a rich opportunity for a wide variety of research into conditions that effect children who need critical treatments and constant monitoring.
- Severe sepsis and multiple organ dysfunction syndrome (MODS)
- Artificial intelligence applications in critical illness recognition
- Neurocritical care, including traumatic brain injury treatment, outcomes and associated neuroendocrinopathies
- Acute lung injury and acute respiratory distress syndrome
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Global health
- Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH)
- Long-term outcomes following PICU hospitalization and extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), including neuropsychological outcomes
If you are interested in participating in an allergy/immunology clinical trial, please view our list of current and active trials.
- "Treatment of Comatose Patient from Cyclobenzaprine Overdose with Therapeutic Plasma Exchange" Journal of Clinical Apheresis
- "Flexible Bronchoscopy in Pediatric Venovenous Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation" Respiratory Care
- "Evaluating a Standardized Protocol for the Management of Diabetes Insipidus in Pediatric Neurosurgical Patients" Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology & Metabolism
- "Features Derived from Blood Pressure and Intracranial Pressure Predict Elevated Intracranial Pressure Events in Critically Ill Children" Scientific Reports
- "Pediatric Chronic Critical Illness: Validation, Prevalence, and Impact in a Children's Hospital" Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- "Fluid Accumulation after Neonatal Congenital Cardiac Operation: Clinical Implications and Outcomes" Annals of Thoracic Surgery