We are committed to finding the best treatments for the smallest of babies. Whether in the lab, in the community or in clinical trials, our neonatology researchers look for the best ways to care for kids.
Our Neonatology Research
- Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Microbiome in gut and lung of premature infant and association with different morbidities
- Cerebral circulation in the premature brain
- Nutrition in the premature infant
- Morbidities from blood transfusions
- Quality improvement initiatives to improve outcomes in the premature infant including delay cord and increased expressed breast milk utilization
If you are interested in participating in a neonatology clinical trial, please view our list of current and active trials.
- "Central Line Utilization and Complications in Infants with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia" American Journal of Perinatology
- "Effect of prenatal marijuana exposure on sleep wake cycles and amplitude-integrated electroencephalogram (aEEG)" Journal of Perinatology
- “A Randomized Trial of Intravenous Acetaminophen Versus Indomethacin for Treatment of Hemodynamically Significant PDAs in VLBW Infants” Journal of Perinatology
- “Mice Without a Microbiome Are Partially Protected From Lung Injury by Hyperoxia” American Journal of Physiology Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology
Intravenous indomethacin is more effective than intravenous acetaminophen in treating hemodynamicall...
Sham feeding in post-operative neonates may enhance oral development, decrease maternal stress level...