Children with pulmonary conditions have access to specialized testing at Le Bonheur Children’s. This includes:
- The only infant pulmonary function laboratory in the state of Tennessee, which can provide lung volumes and spirometry measurements in infants with lung disorders.
- Two outpatient pediatric pulmonary function labs that provide spirometry, lung volumes, specialized bronchoprovocation testing and carbon monoxide diffusing capacity testing.
- Exercise testing and pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Flexible bronchoscopies to detect underlying causes of certain airway conditions
- Our pulmonologists also work closely with other Le Bonheur specialists in pediatric surgery, otolarlyngology, and speech therapy to provide comprehensive care to infants and children with complicated problems of the airway, swallowing (dysphagia), and surgical diseases of the lungs and airways