When to Obtain a Fetal Cardiology Consult
As per the recent American Society of Echocardiography paper (Moon-Grady et. al.) published in July 2023, the following are the indications to obtain Fetal Cardiology consult that includes a comprehensive fetal echocardiogram.
- Pregestational diabetes
- Autoimmune disease: SSA/SSB positive antibodies
- In vitro fertilization
- Maternal infection: rubella
- Family history of someone born with a heart defect
- If the mother is taking following medications: Retinoids, ACE inhibitors (enalapril, lisinopril, captopril), Paroxetine, Anticonvulsants, Lithium
- Fetal hydrops
- Extracardiac anomalies (defects in other organs in fetus)
- Chromosomal abnormalities (genetic defects)
- Monochorionic twin pregnancy
- Increased Nuchal translucency
Please call us at 901-287-7159 to schedule the appointment.