The Le Bonheur Transfer Center is on standby 24 hours a day, to facilitate patient transports and transfers. Call the Transfer Center for the following:
1. Call the Transfer Center at 1-888-899-9355 to arrange for transport. Your call will be immediately answered by a transport communication specialist who will record:
- Your phone number at the facility
- Patient Name
- Patient DOB
- Patient weight
- Vital Signs
- Be prepared to give report on the patient to our MD
2. Please copy the patient’s medical record, including lab. data and reports of other recent diagnostic/studies of patient.
3. Provide a disc or hard copy of any radiologic studies (x-rays, CT scans, etc.).
4. Fax the patient’s demographic (registration information) sheet to (901) 287-5161.
Complete 5-9 For Pedi-Flite Transports:
Prior to transport:
5. Have physician complete and sign the ‘Certificate of Medical Necessity’ form.
6. Please complete and have the parents sign the following forms:
- “Authorization to Transport” form
- “Blood Products Consent” form (if needed)
7. Notify the family that one parent may usually ride with the patient in the ground ambulance. Helicopter transports do not allow space for a parent to ride.
8. Please provide our Pedi-Flite team with copies of the following:
- Patient’s medical record
- Transfer summary (if appropriate)
- Enclosed “Certificate of Medical Necessity” form
- Laboratory test results
- Radiographic Studies (disc or hard copy)
- Name, address, phone number of MD referring patient to aid in providing follow up information.
9. Please complete brief online survey or contact us online at www.lebonheur.org/Pediflite with feedback on our performance.
10. For follow up information please call 1-888-899-9355 or (901) 287-4463.