Le Bonheur's Heart Institute is at the forefront of research for children with a variety of heart conditions including the latest methods of PDA closure, cardio-oncology and the effects of chemotherapy on the heart and the genetic factors of cardiomyopathy. We are committed to finding the latest therapies and breakthroughs for children with congenital heart defects.
- Outcomes in children with left ventricular (LV) noncompaction
- Mitral valve function in LV noncompaction
- Electrophysiological aspects of LV noncompaction
- Genetic and mechanistic basis of LV noncompaction
- Genetic and mechanistic basis of arrhythmogenic cardiomyopathies
- Electrophysiological aspects of arrhythmogenic cardiomyopathies: molecular basis
- Renal function monitoring in heart transplant patients: Is cystatin C a better biomarker than creatinine?
- The role of viral genome in the heart of transplant patients and rejection and coronary vasculopathy
- Discovery of common biomarkers in cardiac and skeletal myopathy
If you are interested in participating in a cardiology clinical trial, please view our list of current and active trials.
- "Percutaneous Stage 1 Palliation for Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome" The Annals of Thoracic Surgery
- "Reduced intensity chemotherapy with tyrosine kinase inhibitor and blinatumomab in a pediatric patient with Philadelphia chromosome-positive ALL and mechanical heart valves" Pediatric Blood & Cancer
- "Echocardiographic myocardial strain analysis describes subclinical cardiac dysfunction after craniospinal irradiation in pediatric and young adult patients with central nervous system tumors" Cardio-Oncology
- "Longitudinal effect of disease-modifying therapy on tricuspid regurgitant velocity in children with sickle cell anemia" Blood Advances
- "Surprised, but not perplexed!" The Annals of Thoracic Surgery
- "Retraining Convolutional Neural Networks for Specialized Cardiovascular Imaging Tasks: Lessons from Tetralogy of Fallot" Pediatric Cardiology
- "Identifying modifier genes for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy," Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology
- “Resource Allocation and Decision Making for Pediatric and Congenital Cardiac Catheterization During the COVID-19 Pandemic” Journal of Invasive Cardiology
Le Bonheur Pediatric Surgeon Ankush Gosain, MD, PhD, and Cardiology Chief and Heart Institute Execut...
Sathanandam pioneers FDA trial of minimally-invasive device for premature infants with heart defects
The device received FDA pre-market approval last month....
Le Bonheur cardiologists evaluate the benefits of PDA closure prior to 4 weeks of age...