Le Bonheur's Heart Institute is at the forefront of research for children with a variety of heart conditions including the latest methods of PDA closure, cardio-oncology and the effects of chemotherapy on the heart and the genetic factors of cardiomyopathy. We are committed to finding the latest therapies and breakthroughs for children with congenital heart defects.
- Outcomes in children with left ventricular (LV) noncompaction
- Mitral valve function in LV noncompaction
- Electrophysiological aspects of LV noncompaction
- Genetic and mechanistic basis of LV noncompaction
- Genetic and mechanistic basis of arrhythmogenic cardiomyopathies
- Electrophysiological aspects of arrhythmogenic cardiomyopathies: molecular basis
- Renal function monitoring in heart transplant patients: Is cystatin C a better biomarker than creatinine?
- The role of viral genome in the heart of transplant patients and rejection and coronary vasculopathy
- Discovery of common biomarkers in cardiac and skeletal myopathy
If you are interested in participating in a cardiology clinical trial, please view our list of current and active trials.
- "Management of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: JACC State-of-the-Art Review" Journal of the American College of Cardiology
- "Long-Term Cardiovascular Outcomes of Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children Associated with COVID-19 Using an Institution Based Algorithm" Pediatric Cardiology
- "Consensus Guidelines for the Prevention and Management of Periprocedural Complications of Transcatheter Patent Ductus Arteriosus Closure with the Amplatzer Piccolo Occluder in Extremely Low Birth Weight Infants" Pediatric Cardiology
- "Clinical Approach to Antibody-Mediated Rejection from the Pediatric Heart Transplant Society" Pediatric Transplantation
- "Myocardial Infarction at Mid-Term Follow-Up in a Teenager with Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children After COVID-19" Circulation: Cardiovascular Imaging
- "Selumetinib for Refractory Pulmonary and Gastrointestinal Bleeding in Noonan Syndrome" Pediatrics
- "Progressive Reduction in Right Ventricular Contractile Function Attributable to Altered Actin Expression in an Aging Mouse Model of Arrhythmogenic Cardiomyopathy" Circulation
Le Bonheur Pediatric Surgeon Ankush Gosain, MD, PhD, and Cardiology Chief and Heart Institute Execut...
Sathanandam pioneers FDA trial of minimally-invasive device for premature infants with heart defects
The device received FDA pre-market approval last month....
Le Bonheur cardiologists evaluate the benefits of PDA closure prior to 4 weeks of age...