Our sports cardiology clinic offers individualized care for athletes with cardiac symptoms.
A program for athletes
Le Bonheur's sports cardiology team provides a unique program for the special needs of athletes. Each year, as many as 125 documented sudden cardiac death events occur in the U.S. Athletes perform at high levels and need specialists who understand their needs. At Le Bonheur, you’ll find:
- Specialized care for athletes with suspected, acquired and congenital heart disease
- An integrated clinic with cardiopulmonary stress testing and advanced imaging techniques
- Fast access to cardiac testing and subspecialists
- Coordinated diagnostic and treatment plan with each patient’s primary care doctor
- Second opinion availability
At Le Bonheur and the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, we work as a team to diagnose and treat each athlete. Our team includes experts in:
Evaluations and screenings
- Comprehensive athletic and exercise history review
- Thorough cardiovascular examination
- Evaluation of symptoms
- Electrocardiogram and advanced echocardiography
- Cardiopulmonary exercise tests
- Evaluation for clearance to continue sports participation after cardiovascular surgery
- Evaluation of unexplained deterioration in performance
- Evaluation of a known family history of cardiovascular disease (including hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, long QT syndrome, Marfan’s, etc.)
- Evaluation of impaired athletic performance due to previous medical treatment
For more information, contact us at email@example.com or 1-866-870-5570.
Find fact sheets on a variety of pediatric sports nutrition topics from dietitians at Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition, a dietitic practice group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietitics.