The Fetal Center at Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital is the only center of its kind in the area to offer a complete range of services from prenatal diagnosis to fetal intervention. A partnership among Le Bonheur, the University of Tennessee Health Science Center and Regional One Health, the Fetal Center treats babies diagnosed in utero with a congenital anomaly.
Why Le Bonheur?
- Families have access to all specialties in one setting, making your appointment as convenient as possible.
- We work with you to understand your baby’s condition and navigate the plans for prenatal care/intervention, delivery and birth. Our team partners with you and your primary obstetrician to determine the best course of treatment for before and after birth.
- Every Fetal Center case is discussed weekly among a group of pediatric experts. A course of treatment is planned by the entire Fetal Center team.
- We are the only center in the region to offer laser treatment for twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome and have written the current guidelines on treating fetal anemia.
Our multidisciplinary team includes pediatric specialists in:
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Palliative Care
Our team also includes child life specialists, specially trained sonographers, lactation consultants, counselors and a program director.
Fetal Interventions and Procedures
The Fetal Center offers the following fetal interventions:
- Laser for twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome
- Placement of shunts
- Cordocentesis and infusion therapy
- Radiofrequency ablations for twin reversed arterial perfusion (TRAP) sequence
- Amniopatch for latriogenic PPROM
- Amniotic band syndrome intervention
- Chorionic villus sampling
- EXIT procedures
- Fetal anemia treatment
The Fetal Center at Le Bonheur Children's Hospital is proud to be accredited by the prestigious American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine in Obstetric Ultrasound.
The Fetal Center at Le Bonheur Children's Hospital is a member of the North American Fetal Therapy Network (NAFTNET).
Some of the common conditions treated in our center include:
Congenital heart defects
Spina bifida and neural tube defects
Twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome
Fetal oral cyst
Congenital diaphragmatic hernia
Fetal hydronephrosis and pyeclectasis
Congenital Cystic Adenomatoid Malformation (CCAM)
Why Choose Le Bonheur?
At Le Bonheur Children’s, we measure and track our treatment to improve the care we offer families – and to provide a greater level of transparency about our program.Learn More