Meet the Fetal Center Team
Published On 08/29/2012
Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialists
Dr. Schenone is certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology in Maternal Fetal Medicine. Dr. Schenone is an Associate Professor of Maternal Fetal Medicine at The University of Tennessee Health Science Center and Chief of the Maternal Fetal Medicine Division. His special interests include twin to twin transfusion syndrome, fetal urinary tract obstructions, fetal pleural effusions, twin reversed arterial perfusion syndrome, fetal anemia, fetal growth restriction, fetal Imaging and therapy. He is an author in many important peer-reviewed articles and guidelines in this area of medicine.
Dr. Meyer is certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology with a Maternal Fetal Medicine subspecialty. He is Professor of Maternal Fetal Medicine at The University of Tennessee Health Science Center. His patient care emphasis is fetal imaging and medical complications in pregnancy.
Jane Thompson, MSN,RNC-NIC, CNML
Additional clinic team members
- Pediatric subspecialists: Based on your baby’s diagnosis, our center works with the appropriate pediatric subspecialists at Le Bonheur to care for your baby.
- Obstetric (OB) nurses: OB nurses will care for your needs during pregnancy and delivery.
- Ultrasonographer: The ultrasonographer will provide detailed images of your baby for your doctor.
- Lactation consultant: Le Bonheur’s lactation consultants offer specialized classes and counseling for Fetal Center mothers who want to breastfeed their baby.
- Ethics committee: Should an ethical question arise, Le Bonheur has assembled a team of experts to assist families and staff in making medical decisions for the mother and baby.
- Spiritual care advisors: Le Bonheur has a team of chaplains from diverse spiritual perspectives who are available should you need any spiritual guidance or prayers.
- Social workers: Social workers can help connect you to important community resources that might benefit you and your family.
- Child life specialist: The child life specialist in the Fetal Center works to prepare families and siblings for the pregnancy and birth of the baby. Through play therapy, siblings can gain understanding about their brother or sister in terms appropriate for their age.
- Parent mentor: The Fetal Center has a dedicated parent mentor. The parent mentor is a previous Fetal Center patient who now has a child that receives Le Bonheur services. She can help offer support, share her experience, and answer any questions you may have.