Le Bonheur Children's Hospital
Patients Under Investigation: 1 | Positive: 2
Total Positive: 417 | Total Tested: 12,645
Le Bonheur's weekly positivity rate (week ending 10/16): 3.2%
*All patients are tested preoperatively and at admission regardless of symptoms.
Le Bonheur is not a public testing site. Contact your pediatrician if your child is in need of testing.
COVID-19 Resources for Providers
We know that you are getting questions from patients and families about COVID-19. We will post important and timely information and resources for healthcare providers on this page and will send out regular update emails. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our email list.
Questions? To contact us regarding COVID-19 or with any other questions regarding admission, referrals or other inquiries, email email@example.com.
Password is COVID19 (case sensitive)
- Care of the COVID Patient (PPE, Isolation, Transport, Discharge)
- COVID-19 Inpatient Testing Algorithm
- Protocol for Inpatient Diagnosis and Management of COVID‐19
- Discontinuation of Isolation Precautions and Discharge Related to COVID-19
- Checklist for Physician or Outpatient Clinic: Patient under Investigation for COVID-19 (Suspect or Confirmed)
- LIP Instructions for COVID-19 Suspect
- Hospital Checklist for Patient under Investigation for COVID-19 (Suspected or Confirmed)
- COVID-19 Pre-Op Clearance Testing
- Emergency Department COVID-19 Screening Algorithm
- Emergency Department COVID-19 Testing Algorithm
- Interim Life Support Guidance
- Remdesivir Distribution Guidance
- Remdesivir Criteria
- Cohorting COVID-19 Patients
Proper Donning, Doffing and Storage of N-95 Masks
Viral Contact Precautions: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Potential Exposure to COVID-19
- Public COVID-19 Testing Sites for Children
- Personal Protective Equipment Policy
- Powered Air-purifying Respirator Guidelines
- N-95 Mask Reuse and Reprocessing Policy
- Guidance for Return to Work Criteria for Health Care Providers
- CDC COVID-19 Recommendations for Patients and Visitors
- Contact Information for Family/Friends of Coronavirus COVID-19
- UTHSC Coronavirus Symposium
- Unemployment Insurance and CARES Act due to COVID-19
- Student Guidelines
- COVID-19 Antibody Testing Fact Sheet
- Face Masks and Face Shields in Le Bonheur Facilities
- COVID-19 Testing Options and Guidance
- Community Referral Pediatric Testing Center
- Return to Play Guide for Pediatricians
Admissions, Referrals and Clinical Resources
Admissions, transfers or clinical support: (901) 287-4408 or 1-888-899-9355
Outpatient clinic and diagnostic appointments: (901) 287-7337 or 1-866-870-5570
Newborn Orthopedic Clinic provides only specialized newborn orthopedic care in the region
Le Bonheur and Campbell Clinic’s Newborn Orthopedic Clinic is the only place in the region that provides specialized newborn orthopedic care. The team of orthopedists, therapists, orthotists, nurses and child life specialists provide the full spectrum of care for newborn orthopedic conditions, including limb deformities, hip dysplasia, torticollis, scoliosis and clubfoot as well as prenatal visits. The clubfoot program is certified by Ponseti International. The Newborn Orthopedic Clinic is held every Wednesday.
Le Bonheur welcomes new specialists
Desiree Burroughs-Ray, MD, recently joined Le Bonheur as a pediatrician. She completed her residency in internal medicine – pediatrics at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center. She also has a master's in public health from the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Public Health. Burroughs-Ray is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics, American College of Physicians and the National Med-Peds Residents’ Association.
Nitish Chourasia, MD, recently joined Le Bonheur’s Neuroscience Institute as a pediatric neurologist and epileptologist. Chourasia completed his residency in child and adolescent neurology at the McGovern Medical School-UTHealth, in addition to fellowships in clinical neurophysiology from Baylor College of Medicine and pediatric epilepsy at Harvard Medical School. His specialties include pediatric epilepsy and clinical neurophysiology with expertise in epilepsy surgery evaluation and management of medically refractory epilepsies including genetic epilepsies. Chourasia is a member of the Child Neurology Society, American Academy of Neurology, American Epilepsy Society and American Clinical Neurophysiology Society.
Yonique Petgrave, MD, joins Le Bonheur as a nephrologist. She completed her residency in pediatrics
at Jackson Memorial Hospital/University of Miami and a fellowship in pediatric nephrology at Texas
Children’s Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine. She is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics, American Society of Nephrology and American Society of Pediatric Nephrologists.
Interventional Radiology Suite celebrates one year anniversary
Le Bonheur providers celebrated the interventional radiology suite’s first anniversary on Sept. 18. In the first year of operation, the team completed 627 cases in the suite.
Addiction Clinic added to Le Bonheur's Adolescent Clinic
The Adolescent Clinic recently launched a partnership with Integrated Addiction Care, a local, comprehensive drug and alcohol rehabilitation clinic. Patients who are at risk for substance abuse or dependence can be seen in the adolescent medicine clinic and immediately be seen by an addiction medicine specialist during a single office visit. The clinic takes place on Friday afternoons at Le Bonheur's Outpatient Center. To make an appointment, contact Le Bonheur Connect at 901-287-7337 or 1-866-870-5570.
Nuclear medicine receives three-year reaccreditation from American College of Radiology
A recent review awarded the nuclear medicine department a three-year reaccreditation term from the American College of Radiology (ACR). The ACR gold seal of accreditation represents the highest level of image quality and patient safety awarded only to facilities meeting ACR Practice Parameters and Technical Standards after a peer-review evaluation.
Remembering Pediatrician Ed Perry, MD
Pediatrician Ed Perry, MD, died in September after a long struggle with COPD. Perry practiced pediatrics in Memphis for more than 35 years before his retirement in 2006. He was known for his natural way with patients and parents who appreciated his caring nature. To sign the online guestbook, visit www.kernodlefh.com.