Our goal in pediatric neurological research is to find the best methods for treating disorders of the brain and nervous system in children. We are committed to discovering the best ways to care for kids.
Our research partners include
- Children's Foundation Research Institute (CFRI)
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Semmes Murphey Neurologic and Spine Institute
- The University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC)
- Medication: Our epileptologists are studying cognitive outcomes in children with partial seizures. Their work will broaden our understanding of how medications affect pediatric patients.
- Brain mapping: Our clinical neuroscience team is leading the way in research of non-invasive functional neuroimaging techniques in children.
- Better outcomes: We’re constantly looking for innovative ways to provide better outcomes for children. We’ve documented a reduced need for reoperation or repeat sedation for postoperative scans in children by utilizing the intraoperative MRI (iMRI).
- Expanding knowledge on rare conditions: Le Bonheur works with other centers to gather data to better understand complex neurological conditions.
For more information on our studies, read our physician publication, Brain Waves.
If you are interested in participating in a neuroscience clinical trial, please view our list of current and active trials.
- "Acoustic Analysis of Intonation in Persons With Parkinson's Disease Receiving Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation and Intensive Voice Treatment" Journal of Voice
- "Use of Real-World Data and Pharmacometric Modeling in Support of Lacosamide Dosing in Pediatric Patients Under Four Years of Age" Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
- "Clinical pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic profile of midazolam nasal spray" Epilepsy Research
- "Outcome and molecular analysis of young children with choroid plexus carcinoma treated with non-myeloablative therapy: Results from the SJYC07 trial" Neuro-Oncology Advances
- "Fenfluramine responder analyses and numbers needed to treat: Translating epilepsy trial data into clinical practice" European Journal of Paediatric Neurology
- "Neuro-Oncological Aspects in Modern Neurosurgery of 21st Century" Acta Medica Academica
- "A critical evaluation of midazolam nasal spray for the treatment of patients with seizure clusters" Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics
- "Dravet Syndrome: A Review of Current Management" Pediatric Neurology
- "Patient-derived Orthotopic Xenografts of Pediatric Brain Tumors: A St. Jude Resource" Acta Neuropathologica
Researchers identify relationship between basal ganglia changes and self-injurious behavior...
Le Bonheur Neuroscience Institute Co-Director Frederick Boop, MD, presented on “How Molecular Biolog...