Our Neuroscience Institute offers the latest technology for diagnosing and treating neurological disorders. The combination of our advanced diagnostic technology is unmatched by any other children’s hospital. This gives your child an advantage in getting the most accurate diagnosis and treatment.
We are one of only a few children’s hospitals worldwide to provide such comprehensive technology used in neurological testing. These technologies include:
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) is a non-invasive method for detailed mapping of the motor and speech areas close to brain lesions (tumors, AVMs, etc.) that should be surgically removed.
- Intraoperative MRI (iMRI) is used for pre-surgical mapping and used during surgery to provide surgeons with the best structural image of your child’s brain.
- High Density EEG is used in the diagnosis or evaluation of epilepsy.
- TRIUX neo MEG is a new brain scanning technology for functional brain imaging. We were the first hospital in the world to install this next-generation magnetoencephalography (MEG) technology.
- Neuropsychology Testing Services complete the comprehensive services our Neuroscience Institute has to offer.
We’ve recruited the top minds in neuroscience imaging to provide our parents the best information possible.
Our physicians and researchers are also expanding the field of knowledge about pediatric epilepsy and brain tumors and the technology that is used to make diagnosis and treatment decisions.